Our designers specialize in a modern elegant design. We love achieving a whimsical, romantic look with balance to our designs.
You can customize our pre-designed cakes using the options available on each product page. That can mean selecting a colour, adding toppers or metal script, and so on.
Since we are regularly working on new designs and collections, the designs available on our website change periodically. Please browse our "Order Online" page to view all currently available designs.
For fully custom orders, please contact us using the Inquire form.
When to Order
If you are planning three days+ ahead, you can choose from our full design collection. We recommend ordering your cake as soon as you know the date that you need it for, as dates often book up quickly.
Pickup and Delivery
You can select pickup or delivery during the checkout on our website.
For pickup, we are located in York District, Toronto. The exact address will appear when you check out using the pickup method. We'll bring the cake out to your car and help situate the cake to make transport easy.
For delivery, the price varies depending on the distance from our studio plus tolls. We use a delivery partner who determines delivery rates based on distance (typically between $10-12).
For specialized wedding/event delivery and setup completed by a member of our team, pricing is calculated at $0.75/km roundtrip from our location in York, Ontario.
Terms and Conditions
- For large custom orders, a non-refundable retainer of 50% must be made at the time of booking. We accept retainer fee payments via e-transfer, cash, mastercard, and visa.
- Final payment must be received no later than thirty (30) days prior to the date of the event as noted on the invoice/quote, and can be made via e-transfer, cash, mastercard, or visa.
- Cancellations made within 60 days or less to the event will incur a 30% cancellation fee. This does not include changes in the quantities of items or in the adjustment of product choices.
- We do understand that changes in design, quantities, or product flavours/menu items may change as the event comes closer. Should you wish to change your order, please be advised that all changes should be made no later than thirty (30) days prior to the event date to ensure availability and adequate turnaround time.
- Should you wish to decrease your order, the total value of the products cannot decrease by more than 15% of the total product value stated in the original invoice/quote. Once the final payment has been made, no refunds will be made to any cancellations or decreases.
- Tasting boxes include 6 menu flavours and are available for pickup or delivery. A $50+HST fee will apply to tasting boxes that are pre-ordered prior to booking a full wedding package.
- All rental items must be returned to Devuyst Desserts (620B Harvie Avenue, York, ON) by the Tuesday following the event date.
- A security deposit must be provided for all rentals at the time of final payment in the event of rental damages or loss. Security deposits will be fully refunded upon the timely, undamaged return of all rental items.
- The client acknowledges and agrees that it bears full responsibility for any and all damages and losses caused by the client, its representatives, vendors, and guests at the premises of the venue or during transportation, and agrees to the loss of security deposit and full payment value of any additional costs required to replace damaged or lost items.
- The client understands that any cake, cupcakes, and/or other desserts and confections placed outside for the event has the possibility of melting or changing form due to weather conditions (including but not limited to heat, wind, rain, and humidity) and that the vendor is not liable for the above mentioned products once it has been delivered or picked up.
- The client understands that any items picked up and transported from our location by the client or its representatives has an increased risk of damage if not handled properly. Devuyst Dessert Studio is not liable for any damages once picked up.
- Cakes are designed to provide the number of servings specified in the clients' invoice/quote. Special event servings are 1" x 2" and in order to obtain the required number of servings, the serving size must be accurate. Devuyst Dessert Studio is not responsible for leftover servings or providing additional servings due to inaccurate slicing. Written instruction of our serving guide can be provided upon request.
- All items may contain food allergens, such as but not limited to: peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, eggs, gluten, soy, food colouring, and others. Please discuss any allergens or sensitivities with Devuyst Dessert Studio before booking.
- Devuyst Dessert Studio reserves the right to use their artistic license to make changes to the design at any point in the process in order to benefit the aesthetic of the finished product as deemed fit by our cake decorators, without the permission of the client. We understand that each client has a vision in mind, and as we do our best to bring that vision to life, changes will only be made if necessary for the best interest of your items.
- Devuyst Dessert Studio will make every effort to colour match within necessary design. Food-grade dyes may sometimes be difficult or impossible to match, and darker colours have the tendency to further darken with time, humidity, and heat. The client understands that colour matching may not be exact.
- Devuyst Dessert Studio reserves the right to have our own photographer take photos of the items and use these images for our own promotional marketing.